In September 2020, the World Federation of Advertisers revealed a new cross-media measurement proposal framework developed in partnership with major digital platforms. In this article you will learn what requirements a new solution has to meet and how AdoptoMedia can benefit advertisers on this matter.
We are trying to keep you updated on all marketing measurement trends, that’s why we prepared an article on the use of measurement tools after the phase-out of cookies and IDFA. Get ready to privacy changes and apply solutions that won’t be affected by the new conditions. See how MMM, MTA, brand studies and other approaches are going to function without third-party cookies.
Over time with the appearance of new communication channels, media mix has become very complex. Today companies promote their goods and services through a wide range of digital and offline channels, which complicates marketers’ task of analyzing the effectiveness of advertising activities. WFA considers accurate evaluation of cross-media campaigns so important that in partnership with digital platforms, including Google and Facebook it worked for over 18 months to create a framework that should stimulate a new approach to measurement. Large advertisers, agencies and other members of the marketing ecosystem also contributed to the process as consultants. Among them were advertiser associations: ACA (Canada), ANA (US), ISBA (UK), Union des Marques (FR), OWM (DE) and high-profile brands like Deutsche Telekom, Mars, Mastercard, Nestlé, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, The Coca-Cola Company, Unilever and others.
Cross Media Measurement is crucial to achieve real transparency of media performance.Luis Di Como, EVP Global Media, Unilever
Here are three reasons why everyone agrees that cross-measurement tools need to be improved.
- It should prevent marketers from wasting billions of dollars on impressions that have no positive impact. This problem is a result of fragmented measurement systems that don’t show the true reach of ads. Better measurement will help make informed investment decisions and drive marketing ROI.
- A better consumer experience will be achieved by finding the optimal ad frequency. People will have a more positive attitude towards advertising if they don’t get exposed to it too often.
- Owners of advertising inventory will evaluate it more accurately and attract advertisers with reasonable prices.
To make real progress there have to be unified standards. WFA says that to solve this issue advertisers should be put in the centre and the industry needs to align around their needs. These are four requirements that advertisers point out for an expected cross-media measurement solution.
- Full cycle media management coverage: advertisers need not only post-campaign analysis and reporting but also measurements at the stage of planning, forecasting capabilities and in-campaign tracking.
- Continuous, tagless data capture: by ensuring this, you can successfully implement measurement at all stages of media management mentioned above. And with tightening policies on data protection tag-based tools are becoming useless.
- Comprehensive: a new solution should measure all elements of a campaign, not just some parts of it.
- Full-funnel: advertisers want to know about KPIs at different stages of a marketing funnel.
At the same time a new system has to meet the following industry requirements.
- Privacy compliance: measurement platforms should protect private data and be able to adapt to changing regulations.
- Objective metrics: new measurement systems should enable using various metrics including those globally understood and needed locally.
- Transparency: to earn advertisers’ trust a solution has to be transparent and go through verification processes.
- Measuring advertising and context: it needs to take into account not only isolated ads, but also cross-media context.
AdoptoMedia offers an advanced solution that meets the requirements outlined in the WFA’s proposal.
- With CheckMedia Solution you can plan an ad campaign, automatically allocate budget across media, forecast the impact of budget reallocation on ROI and KPIs. It allows for continuous tracking of marketing ROI and making tactical adjustments to campaigns. Finally, when the campaign is over, actual placement data is automatically collected and reports are generated.
- It can be integrated with existing or new business and marketing oriented software and use them as data sources. With every data ingestion ROMI models are automatically updated using advanced AI technology. Since we only use aggregated data at a daily level, we comply with privacy regulations.
- CheckMedia Solution can evaluate the effectiveness of different campaign types (e.g. targeted, reach) and channels (TV, OOH, digital, paid search, etc.). You can also analyze the impact of one media channel on another.
- Our models work with numerous KPIs at different stages of the customer journey, including sales and conversions.
- We help companies to build transparent marketing processes and our model algorithms and verification tests are available to clients.
With AdoptoMedia you will get accurate cross-media measurement and achieve best-in-class marketing accountability. Try our solution to drive ROMI and corporate value.